1) Let your audience arrive at the joke. Don’t force it. Don’t signal it. Just deadpan at the camera and be patient.
2) This one is a combination of Buddy Hackett and Carson
Buddy: Ask me about the secret to comedy
Carson: OK. Whats the secret to come-
Buddy interrupts: Timing!
3) You see what I did? Ok, that line is from Billy Crystal. But I first learn of the theory from Johnny Carson. He was the king of leading you one direction and going another.
I watched “Johnny Carson: King of Late Night” on Netflix tonight. What a privilege it was to have had the pleasure to watch his show. It was my favorite as a child even when I didn’t get half the jokes.
I also learn from all of his characters and costumes that poking fun of someone is funny for everyone else, but poking fun of yourself is funny to everyone.
Hmm…. why don’t I write anymore? I’m not really sure. Maybe I have nothing to say.
But its like riding a bike. Just start peddling. As long as the fingers keep typing, words would appear. And when the planets align, its magical.
I’ve been discovering the newly built recreational areas along the East River. I remember the East River in the 90s and its nothing like today. Riding a bike along the river gave me a sense of tranquility that I’ve never felt before. The City of New York has transformed this piece of forgotten real estate into something wonderful.
Feeling the sun on my face, the wind against my body, all of the sudden everything seemed more alive. I awoke to a clarity that only comes when my overstimulated senses block out all that is not within the moment.Â I smiled the way a five year old does instinctively and without embarrassment.
I waved to a group of children out riding their bikes. Yes, that is a dog in my backpack and his name is Gatsby.
One thing that I’ve wanted to do was to fly a simulator. I don’t have any desire to fly an actual plane, but just to learn how it works.
I purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator X and a Saitek Yolk System.
Here are some annoying things
1) Not enough USB ports on my computer. I’ve resorted to a tiny keyboard/touch pad combo. The game tutorial talks about using the keyboard numberpad which I dont have. Luckily the saitek yolk has at least some of the controls ( view left, right, back ) on the stick.
2) No manual or any reference for the saitek yolk’s buttons. This sucks. I need to discover what each of the buttons do.
3) Graphics suck. Boy its bad. holy crap its bad. $30 spent and I want to go buy X-Plane.